Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Easy Solutions for Weight Loss #2

As I mentioned in a previous blog, I had to lose 60 pounds so I looked for the easiest ways to meet that goal, which I did.  I will be passing on the lessons I learned on a regular basis.

You have decided; really decided to lose weight.  Congratulations!  Do you know what happens when you really decide to lose weight?  You make a bunch of other little decisions automatically.  Really.  My first thought after deciding to lose weight was that if I eat less, I might lose weight - so the decision to eat less was already made.  But how to eat less?  That is really difficult for a lot of folks.

In fact, when I spoke to someone about losing weight and mentioned eating less, they got a bit upset with me.  In fact, they told me if they didn't leave the table full, they would get angry.  Okay, I get it.  But, I have to tell you about a bit of magic I discovered.

You see, I found that when I stopped eating before I felt full, I'd be satisfied about 10 minutes later.  Somewhere along the line, the stomach does not communicate with the brain when you are eating very quickly.  I don't now the science behind it - and I am sure there is some, I just know it works and works well.

Tonight I had a great BBQ pork sandwich.  Is this diet food?  Probably not.  But, I only had half of a sandwich - a real half - not some half that had a full-size portion in it.  And, I drank iced tea - two servings sweetened with a pink packet of stuff.  I finished my half sandwich and then relaxed while I drank the iced tea.  When I got up from the table, I was 'full.'  After a few minutes, I walked about 3 miles.  Several hours later I am still satisfied.

The lesson here?  Eat a bit less as a start.  Don't starve yourself.  Don't eat special diet food.  Eat what you like, jut eat half of what you would have eaten and then leave the table.  What's going to happen?  You will lose weight - that's what!

And, isn't that what you decided to do?

"Choices are the hinges of destiny."  Pythagoras

No comments:

Post a Comment