Monday, May 28, 2012

Easy Solution for Spot Cleaning

Like so many folks I have pets.  And when you have pets, or when life happens, spots and dirt on carpets, rugs and furniture happen.  It's just part of the life. 

I had to have tried just about every spot cleaner on the market and never found one I was happy with.  Of course, if I was even close to being pleased with how any of them worked, they were the more expensive ones.  I loved my pets and I loved having people over; I did not love the $7.00 I was spending on a cleaner.

That all ended when I found a simple recipe:

16 oz. of water
1 T. Tide powder
1 t. Vinegar

Combine them in a spray bottle.  Just put them in and shake the bottle. Then use.  It's so easy!

A few tips:
  1. Spray the spot and let it work for a couple of minutes.
  2. Use a soft bristle brush or rag like an old wash cloth.
  3. Once you clean the spot, take a clean rag or a clean portion of the rag you used and blot the area picking up excess moisture.
  4. If necessary, repeat.

The Tide cleans the spot.  The vinegar removes any scent or smell of the spot.

That's it.  From food to pet 'biologicals' it works.  It cleans almost all spots that happen.  And, talk about cheap to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment